What is Play Therapy ?
Play Therapy and Therapeutic Play are effective for children between the ages of 4 and 12 for the problems indicated below but can also be used with young persons and adults.The severity of the problems take into account the child's well-being and ability to function normally. A straightforward psychometric questionnaire will be used to quantify the severity of the problems.
Who will benefit through Play Therapy ?
Do you know someone who:
* Is not realising its full potential - academically, or socially?
* Has difficulties in learning?
* Has nightmares or has disturbed sleep?
* Is at risk of being/is excluded from school?
* Has suffered trauma?
* Has suffered emotional, physical or sexual abuse?
* Is (or in the process of being) adopted or fostered?
* Suffers because of separated/divorced parents?
* Suffers from anxiety, stress or phobias?
* Has suffered a loss or bereavement of any kind?
* Finds it difficult to concentrate or more than short periods?
* Is withdrawn or continually unhappy?
* Is ill, has a disability or shows signs of being on the autistic
* Finds it difficult to make friends?
* Quarrels frequently with peers or siblings?
* Bullies others or is bullied themselves?
* Displays inappropriate behaviour?
* Doesn't play?
Play Therapy or Therapeutic Play will be beneficial to those facing any of the above difficulties or issues.